Rules For A Happy
1. Never part for a day without loving words.
2. Never meet
without a loving welcome.
3. Neglect the whole world rather than each
4. Never both be angry at once.
5. Never talk AT one
another, either alone or in company.
6. Never make a remark at the
expense of the other. It is meanness, not love.
7. Never speak
loud to each other unless the house is on fire.
8. Never taunt with a
9. Never sigh over what might have been, but make the
best of what is.
10. Never find fault, unless it is perfectly certain that a
fault has been committed; and always speak with kindness.
11. Never let any
fault or grievance go by until you have frankly confessed it, and in
sincere repentance asked for forgiveness.
12. Let each one strive to yield
most often to the wishes of the other.
13. Let self-denial be the daily aim
and practice of each one.
14. Never forget that marriage is of God, and
that His blessing alone can make it what it should be.
15. Never be contented
until you know you are both walking in the way of God.
16. Never let
your hopes stop short of the Eternal Home.
Assuring you that if you make these the rules
of your marriage, peace and happiness shall follow you all the days of your